How can I modify my podcast to support my ELL's needs?
To help my ELL learners benefit form my podcast, I would definitely post more pictures and label each one of the pictures to help my students learn some new vocabularies. I would also include videos into my podcast to help my ELL students better visualize my trip. I would also talk about the flowers from my podcast before I show it to my students. This strategy will give my podcast meanings to my students, which will help them be more connected to the topic.
Other modification for ELLs:
- add subtitles
- provide background knowledge
- keep it simple and direct
- longer post of pictures
- wait time
How to support GATE student?
To support my GATE students, I would ask discussion related questions for students to do take time to think about the topic and discuss about it. I would also create an introduction to a problem and ask how they can solve it by actually having them go out and do a podcast on the solution.
Other modifications for GATE:
- incorporate higher order thinking skill
- KWL CHART
- allow students to do research on the item of interest
- pause podcast when teaching
- use labels with delay
- expand on detail and challenged them to go out to find more info
- open-ended with themes
- group diverse
- use problem solving skills in podcast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment